After School & Summer Program
The BHGHSTL Academy goal is to equip young people with the opportunities necessary to become well-educated, responsible, and compassi0nate citizens with healthy relationships, self-sustaining careers and a practice of giving back to the community. From sixth grade through high school, we accomplish this through:
- After-school programming that includes transportation from select partner schools, homework help, tutoring, cultural activities, and a healthy, family-style meal.
- Saturday activities once a month during the school year.
- Summer programming and opportunities for summer camp scholarships after the first year.
- Emphasizing college readiness, including ACT preparation, college visits, and help with school, financial aid, and scholarship applications.
- Annual college scholarships for students who complete our program and meet specified academic criteria.
- Volunteer and service opportunities to promote helping others and building community.
- Academic, social, emotional, and financial support through post-secondary education and into career launch.
We are currently taking applications for our 2021-2022 cohorts for rising sixth and seventh graders. To apply please click REFER A CHILD and follow the instructions to begin the process.
2022 ACADEMY SUMMER CAMP IS FULL!
2022 will be an unforgettable summer at Boys Hope Girls Hope of St. Louis Academy Summer Camp! Filled with outdoor activities, field trips, and fun STEAM activities, Academy Summer Camp is designed to grow and cultivate curiosity and teamwork. We know the best memories are made when kids exercise their bodies and brains! Open to incoming 6th through 9th graders, our program is entirely FREE to participants.
Academy Summer Camp runs Monday-Thursday, June 13-August 4 from 8:30 am – 4:30 pm. Parents may drop off as early as 8:00 am and pick up between 4:30 pm – 5:00 pm. Campers may select the weeks they would like to participate.
- June 13-16: Be a Tourist in Your Town– We will explore classic hometown attractions and sample some of St. Louis’ famous edible treats!
- June 20-24: Animal Safari– Let’s get wild and check out local animal attractions as we learn about animals and conservation. Each day of camp will include games, crafts, and FUN!
- June 27-30: Great Outdoors– Ready to go horseback riding, hiking, biking, and ziplining? This week is all about enjoying the fresh air and getting our bodies moving!
- July 11-14: Splish-Splash– The summer may be heating up, but we know just how to cool down with visits to outdoor waterparks, kayaking, paddle boarding, and swimming.
- July 18-21: STEM– Academy combines hands-on labs, engineering challenges, digital investigations, and more – all designed to engage campers in the grand challenges of Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math.
- July 25-28: Art– Ignite your creativity and become a budding artist. Try your hand at various art mediums and check out works of art by renowned artists.
- Aug 1-4: Let’s Get Cookin’– Come ready to excite your taste buds and have fun with food! We’ll be trying out recipes and learning from local chefs!
Breakfast, lunch, and snacks are provided. The camper should bring a reusable water bottle each day.
QUESTIONS? Email or call Ryan at 314.280.5465
BHGHSTL Academy Summer camp is offered at no charge to participants and is generously funded by grants from the St. Louis community.
- Tutoring and homework help
- After-school snacks and dinner
- Field trips and fun
- Enrichment, games and prizes
- Summer camps and activities
- Free school supplies