After School & Summer Program
The BHGHSTL Academy goal is to equip young people with the opportunities necessary to become well-educated, responsible, and compassinate citizens with healthy relationships, self-sstaining careers and a practice of giving back to the community. From sixth grade through high school, we accomplish this through:
- After-school programming that includes transportation from select partner schools, homework help, tutoring, cultural activities, and a healthy, family-style meal.
- Saturday activities once a month during the school year.
- Summer programming and opportunities for summer camp scholarships after the first year.
- Emphasizing college readiness, including ACT preparation, college visits, and help with school, financial aid, and scholarship applications.
- Annual college scholarships for students who complete our program and meet specified academic criteria.
- Volunteer and service opportunities to promote helping others and building community.
- Academic, social, emotional, and financial support through post-secondary education and into career launch.
We are currently taking applications for our 2021-2022 cohorts for rising sixth and seventh graders. To apply please click REFER A CHILD and follow the instructions to begin the process.
- Tutoring and homework help
- After-school snacks and dinner
- Field trips and fun
- Enrichment, games and prizes
- Summer camps and activities
- Free school supplies